Review | Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette


Everybody knows the worst part about make up and the application of make up is cleaning brushes, I've been trying to get hold of a product like this for a very long time, I have been seeing brands like Sigma selling them for ages but they all seem really expensive and cost a small fortune to ship to the UK. I was recently having a browse in my local Superdrug when I came across this new release from Real Techniques and knew I had to pick up, you can't go wrong with Real Techniques. This is priced at £12.99 but when I picked it up there was a buy one get one half price offer so I got a twin pack of the Miracle Complexion Sponge at the same time which worked out to be a pretty good deal.


This cleansing palette has a strap underneath so you can slide it onto your hand into it and it essentially just sits in the palm of your hand, as I normally swirl my brushes around in my palm, this is ideal for me. There are three different sections in the palette with three different textures aimed at different sized brushes but to be honest it works well just to work the brush across the entire palette.

My previous technique for cleaning my brushes was to put a small amount of baby shampoo into the palm of my hand, wet the brush then swirl it around until it the water coming from it runs clear and free of foam. This is quite a lengthy process especially with the larger brushes it can be quite some time before foam stops coming out of the bristles but using this palette it is so speedy, it came clean so quickly I actually had to keep squeezing the brush to make sure it wasn't my eyes deceiving me. It is quite handy that the pack comes with two little sample sachets of the brush cleaner, I'd been eyeing this up to try anyway and it worked really well so I'll definitely be picking up a bottle in future.

I am so glad I picked up this Brush Cleansing palette, it is a complete life saver and fingers crossed this might actually motivate me to clean my brushes more often because I certainly don't do it as often as I should, but who really does?

Have you tried this cleansing palette? How do you clean your brushes?

Sophie xx


9 comments:

  1. I need this in my life for sure. I absolutely despise having to wash my brushes so hopefully I'll get along with this x

    Darling Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes life so much easier, I kind of look forward to cleaning my brushes now!

      Delete
  2. This definitely sounds like an absolute dream of a product ! For me washing my brushes is such a chore .. So I really need to invest in one of these .. It sounds fab!! Thanks for the review lovely !
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using this definitely isn't a chore, it's actually kind of satisfying.

      Delete
  3. This sounds really good!I picked up a small one from Primark ages ago for about £1 and it's done a brilliant job!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started seeing so many different ones around since buying this, I think the market is really growing!

      Delete
  4. This looks great! I saw it in Superdrug, but I had already bought one from Amazon. It wasn't a Real Techniques one though... I haven't used it yet, so I can't tell you if it's good or not haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to keep me updated and let me know how you find it, they are such a great tool x

      Delete
  5. this looks and sounds really good, i never knew real technique released this! i currently use the brush egg and love it. lovely post:)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top