Beauty | March Favourites


March has been one of those months where I didn't even need to stop and think about what my favourites would be, there were some definite stand out products that will certainly cement themselves in my routine for quite some time. A few of these products I am quite late on the bandwagon but they are all big favourites in the blogging world.
Original Source Vanilla and Raspberry Shower Gel - Recently I was having trouble with my shower so I had to use my parents' shower and used mum's shower gel, which was this incredible stuff. When I picked it up I didn't really think anything of it but as soon as I squeezed some out, the amazing scent hit me, it smells really sweet and sugary like ice cream. I picked up my own bottle as soon as I could, it was actually on offer in Tesco.

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer - If you follow me on Twitter you might know that I've had this primer for quite some time but until recently it was lost in the dark depths of my make up drawer. Since I managed to rescue this from the drawer I have been using it daily and really noticed a difference on the staying power of my make up and I don't end up shiny either, this and my Double Wear foundation are the perfect combo for my acne prone skin at the moment.

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder - It's taken me a lot longer to pick this up than the primer but I'm glad I did, previously I was setting my concealer with a loose powder which can be really messy so when I found out this was just as invisible when applied I knew I needed to pick it up. It definitely lives up to it's hype and keeps my concealer from creasing and doesn't leave me looking orange or cakey.

MAC 217 Brush - This is a brush I've had in my collection for a least a year now but it's only recently that it's become a staple in my everyday routine, it is the perfect brush for both applying colour and blending it out. I really need to pick up another one or try a similar brush from another brand.

Make Up Revolution Neutrals vs New-trals Palette - It took me a long time to get my hands on this beauty but it's not through lack of trying, every time I looked in store for this, they never had it, just an empty space where it should have been *cries*. I finally got hold of it and I'm smitten, I'm currently enjoying creating some spring looks with the coral shades and have started to make a good dent in a couple of them. They glide on well and have lots of colour pay-off, this is definitely one of my favourite palettes.

Olivia Palermo X Ciate London Lipstick in Truffle - This isn't actually in the picture because it wasn't until I went to edit my photos that I realised I'd forgotten to include it but I'll tell you my thoughts anyway. I very rarely wear lipstick to work but since picking this up I have been, it is the perfect pinky nude 'your lips but better' shade. It glides on smoothly and has quite a moisturising formula (you may have realised I'm not very good at describing make up). I would definitely love to get my hands on some more of these lipsticks.

What have you been loving this month? Have you tried any of my favourites?

Sophie xxx

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the fact that you put mini eggs in the background of your photo! That powder by soap and glory sounds really good. I must pick it up now that I've hit pan on stay matte!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the MUR palette. I use it almost everyday! I used to love the S&G primer - you've reminded me dig out. I've been loving the Becca Shimmering skin perfector in opal - its gives such a gorgeous glow xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that palette looks stunning... loving all the shades! Makeup Revolution is one of my fave brands, their eyeshadows are exceptional, so I have high hopes for it!! The shower gel sounds amazing, Original Source shower gels always smell divine!!! xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Original Source gel as well, it smells amazing!! For March I've been loving Benefit Hoola and Rimmel's new mascara X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top