Review | Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette


This isn't a post I was planning on doing until I did my Post Christmas Purchases post and got a couple of comments asking to review this palette so I thought why not? My palette collection has grown considerably in the last 6 months and I just cannot resist the urge to pick up more. There was such a hype around this palette and knowing it was limited edition made me want it more.



This palette has 15 stunning colours including a good selection of neutrals and some more out there colours for when you are feeling a bit more brave. There are a good mixture of mattes and shimmers meaning that there are many different looks and combinations that you can create to your hearts desire.

L-R Blonde, Bathwater, Skimp, Steady, Punk
L-R Baby, Anaheim, Stark, Zone, Serious
L- R Pop, Harajuku, Danger, 1987, Blackout
As you can tell from my swatches they are all highly pigmented colours and they have great pay off when applied to the eyelids. Before I got this palette I never really understood people when they said an eyeshadow was 'buttery' but now I do, it's not an understanding that I can pass on but once you know, you know!

One of the looks I have been creating is to put Blonde over the entire lid then sweep Zone across the length of the crease followed by Punk in the outer corner, I then blend it all out to make it seamless before dabbing Steady or Baby onto the lid to create a subtle cut crease look. I have tried to take a photo of this look but let's say photographing make up looks is not an art I have perfected yet.

It is safe to say I am a big fan of this palette but for some reason I've only really been reaching for it on special occasions, I don't know whether it is the price tag or the fact that it is limited edition but I really should start bringing it out more often.

Have you got this palette? If not, have I swayed your opinions on wanting to buy it? Let me know in the comments below.

Sophie xx 

3 comments:

  1. Haha no, make up is hard to photograph!! You feel like your makeup is on point and then you take a photo and you just can admire it as much because it's just not the same!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love urban decay, I show that on the store 2 days ago but haven't get a chance to try it on. Great post dear! Would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN and Instagram please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a great palette to own, it's such a shame it's only limited edition!
    Great post & Swatches, I <3 your blog.

    Sinead | http://subject-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top