January Favourites


This is only the second month since I started blogging that I've actually been able to pick out enough items to put together a favourites post. This isn't exactly a bad thing because it means that something really has to stand out to me to be considered a favourite. 




Tanya Burr Hollywood Eye Palette - This month I decided to switch up what eyeshadow I use, having used Naked2 religiously since I got it, I thought it was about time I gave something else a chance. I've been loving this palette as they are very subtle neutral colours perfect for everyday wear. There is one very glittery shade but I haven't been using it. Sorry I haven't shown the inside but you can see it in my post when I purchased it here.

GOSH Prime'n Set - This is a product I definitely can't recommend enough. It is a loose powder that is two in one for priming and setting make up (in case you hadn't already guessed from the name). I haven't tried it as a primer because I used liquid foundation so will use liquid primer but as a setting powder, it is incredible. As I am very pale I find that some powders can make me look a bit orange so as this is a white powder it is perfect for me, I don't use this to set my whole face, just my concealer. It disappears well into the concealer and leaves my under eyes like silk. 

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - I really don't know how I coped before I tried this product, I'm sure I'm late on the bandwagon for this but I'm glad I finally got my hands on it. My eyeshadow literally won't budge unless I want it to, it lasts all day through work and I can even go to my evening running club and it'll still be perfect when I get back. Obviously I wouldn't run in make up if I was running first thing but if it's after work I just leave it on.


Kleenex Facial Cloths Cotton Touch - I recently found that my flannel was way too harsh on my skin when removing my cleanser so decided I needed something softer on my skin. I mentioned this to my mum and she gave me these facial cloths to try out as she had picked them up by mistake. I used them with my Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop and I was so impressed, they are so soft and don't fall apart when you rinse them to reuse, I only use them for one evening but I need to wipe off my face two to three times. Unfortunately since mum bought these Kleenex have actually stopped doing them so I need to look out for something similar.

Garnier Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes - When picking up new face wipes I spotted these and thought they sounded amazing and I was right. With the Garnier Micellar Water being such a hit, it is perfect that they have now brought out face wipes soaked in it. The 'extra gentle' part also lives up to it's name, they are so soft, it feels like you are wiping a blanket across your face. I only really use these when I'm being lazy but the face that they contain micellar water makes me feel much better about using them.

Lucozade Sport Mango & Passionfruit - A slightly odd favourite now, this is my new favourite drink since picking one up for free at the Morunning 5k I participated in. Mango has got to be my favourite fruit so anything with it in stands out to me. I've now started picking these up on a regular basis and I try to kid myself into thinking it's better for me than drinking Coke all the time, when in reality it probably isn't, but oh well, I enjoy it!

What have you been enjoying this month? If you have a favourites post, leave a link in the comments and I'll check it out.

Sophie xx

3 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Tanya Burr's palettes!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on the hunt for a new eye shadow palette, I did look for the Tanya Burr at my local Superdrug but they didn't have it! Maybe they will restock it soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Kleenix face cloths sound brilliant and just what I was looking for. Such a shame they've stopped doing them! I've been loving the Maybelline matte and poreless foundation and the NYX suede lipsticks :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top