Post Christmas Purchases




The days between Christmas and New Year are perfect for picking up lots of bargains in the sales, so I took advantage of this both on the internet and at the shops (while I wasn't consuming by body weight in chocolate or watching every film in my collection). I then thought there was nothing better to do than share with you what I picked up.




One of the first orders I place was on feelunique, I think this might have actually been on Christmas eve, that's just what happens when I start receiving emails saying 'SALE'. My make up brush collection is really lacking eye brushes so I got the Smokey Eye Brush Set from The Vintage Cosmetics Company which has steps one to three on them for creating the perfect smokey eye look. To add to my ever growing Real Techniques I got the Setting Brush, I'd been meaning to get this for a long time because I was previously using the Contour Brush to do my setting. The last thing I got from feelunique was the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original, I'd been using the sample that came with my Naked2 palette religiously so as soon as I saw it in the sale I put it in my basket.

I received a £25 Debenhams voucher for Christmas so I hit the Mac and Urban Decay counters so see what I wanted to pick up, I've been trying to get hold of the Mac Lipstick in D for Danger but it is always out of stock including that day. After standing by the Urban Decay counter deliberating between the Gwen Stefani palette and the Naked3 palette, including tweeting out for advice, I eventually decided to go for the Gwen Stefani palette and I am so glad I did, it is just beautiful. 
 

Back in November on Black Friday I thought I'd check out the Boots website to see what deals they had on and I ended up being able to pick up a Sensationail Gel Nail kit with two colours for just £35, an absolute bargain! I really wanted to get my hands on some more colours and when I saw that Sensationail had 10% off everything on their website I got browsing and ended up ordering these three colours, Going with the Rose Gold, Mauve Maven and Cool Breeze. I'm yet to try any of them yet but I'm sure you'll see them at some point in the future.


The sale that every blogger continuously refreshed the website for was the Lush sale, me included, until boxing day came around I wasn't even aware that Lush even had a sale so I knew I had to get my hands on some bits. After facing the trials and tribulations of firstly getting on the website then being able to actually check out, this is what I managed to get my hands on. I got the Snow Fairy's Castle gift set which contains the Snow Fairy Shower Gel, Fairy Dust Dusting Powder, So White Bath Bomb and Magic Wand Bubble Wand, the Butterbear gift set which contains 6 Butterbear bath bombs in this cute tin and The Magic of Christmas reusable bubble bar. Hopefully I'll be well stocked for a while now! 


It wouldn't be sales shopping without popping into Boots to see what gift sets they've got half price and of course I had to pick up some Soap & Glory products so I picked up these two sets to add to my growing collection. I've never tried anything from Beauticology before so for £2.50 I just had to pick up this gift set. As I got a £10 giftcard for Christmas this three items only set me back a measly £2.50, that is what I call a bargain!

What did you managed to pick up in the sales? Let me know in the comments.

Sophie xx


2 comments:

  1. Please do a review on the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani pallette, would love to hear a review! Xx

    Shelby | shelbylouiseread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top