I Turned 23 - Birthday Present and Shopping Haul

On Monday 12th October, I turned 23. I received some lovely presents and spent the day shopping with one of my best friends, what more could you want? I thought I'd take the opportunity to show you what I received and what I picked up whilst shopping.






As I was going shopping on my birthday and wouldn't have been getting my presents until the evening of my birthday my mum let me have all the cards she knew had vouchers in the evening before. Below are the items I received as gifts.


From my parents I received the beautiful black DKNY purse, this is something I have been eyeing up all year, literally, I first saw it when we went sales shopping at Christmas. It took me a while to decide which colour to go for and went with black because it's timeless and won't mark as easily as other colours.

The perfume in the middle there is Jimmy Choo Blossom (sorry the picture isn't that great) and this was from my sister. I bought a perfume when I was on holiday this summer and got a sample of this in the bag with it, I fell in love with it and knew I had to have it.

I got the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual from my grandad, it took emailing him the exact link to ensure he bought the correct thing but he succeeded. Can't wait to get my head stuck in this and start improving my make up skills.

The rest are bits I received from my friends and as you can see they are quite clearly trying to fatten me up, all that chocolate! I'm in love with the statement necklace, perfect now it's getting to the time of year when they can be used to jazz up plain jumpers. 


I really wanted to spend my gift vouchers on make up that I couldn't justify spending the amount of money on normally. The first item that came into my head when thinking about this was an UD Naked palette, having seen so many people rave about the Naked 2 this is the one I decided to go for, I can't wait to try it out. 

I had a £20 voucher for Boots so after aimlessly wandering round the store with my basket for about 20 minutes I decided to peruse the Benefit stand and came across the beautiful cheek palette they have put together for Christmas. At £29.50 for around £110 worth of products it was a steal so I used my voucher and then it only cost me £9.50 of 'real money'.

Outside of my vouchers I picked up a Mac eyeshadow in Amber Lights, I'd been eyeing this up ever since I started doing a gold look on my eyes and realised I needed something more bronzey for Autumn. I also picked up the highly raved about 217 brush to add to my brush collection as my eye brushes are very lacking, I can't wait to use it.


I didn't have any vouchers for River Island but I'd seen this bag previously and knew I had to have it, even more so because I knew I was getting the purse, the two simply go hand in hand, or purse in bag you might say.

I had New Look vouchers from a couple of people but really struggled to find things I liked that I still liked when I tried them on. I fell in love with these boots and new boots are always high on my list of priorities each Autumn as I've normally worn last years to death. I still have some New Look vouchers left so this will be an extra treat for me next time I go shopping.

Is there anything here that you have your eye on? Do you already own any of these products? Let me know in the comments below.

Sophie xx



10 comments:

  1. Great post! It's my birthday next month so this has definitely given me some gift inspiration! ��

    Sam xo

    beautymagnet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have helped, I definitely feel like I've gone for quality over quantity this year :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely gifts! That bag is gorgeous :)

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is gorgeous!!
    http://www.alifeofacharlotte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love all the sweets you got! The Hersheys cookies and cream chocolate is just SO GOOD!

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely birthday and got some nice gifts! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great birthday, they go so quickly though! It already feels like a lifetime ago xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely gifts! I really want to get my hands on a Bobbi Brown Makeup Manuel too! Definitely on my Christmas Wish List! Hope you had a fab birthday x

    Jordan | www.jordancourtney.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm yet to sit down and properly look through it!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top